Arvind Singhal compliments CMH for their systematic approach Positive Deviance Project
"This PD project of the Center for Media & Health is a historic PD project. Not only for The Netherlands. There is no other PD project in the world that I know of that has been carried out in the last 25 years with this kind of systematic approach,”says Dr. Singhal.
The-research question for this PD project was: Are there VMBO-B and VMBO-T schools in Rotterdam
- which have more than 120 students,
- which have more than 50% students with a migrant background,
- which are situated in a deprived neighborhood,
- which are not part of the healthy schools program or have access to other special resources,
- and which are highly mentally resilient (i.e. score of 10 or less on the SDQ questionnaire of the Youth Monitor)?