Invest in knowledge and potential
The Center for Media & Health (CMH) designs tailor-made Entertainment-Education (EE) teaching modules for universities, colleges and post-doctoral courses.
Entertainment-Education AcademyThe Center for Media & Health (CMH) designs tailor-made Entertainment-Education (EE) teaching modules and trainings for universities, colleges and post-doctoral courses.
To implement the EE strategy successfully in theory and practice, it is important to invest in capacity building and the education of communication students and media professionals. Therefore, CMH designs and administers EE teaching modules in close collaboration with partners that include Erasmus University Rotterdam, Twente University, Windesheim Honours College and the Netherlands School of Public and Occupational Health (NSPOH).
Besides the EE teaching modules, CMH hosts guest lectures, workshops, trainings, summerschools and presentations about Entertainment-Education and Positive Deviance for media and health organizations in the Netherlands and abroad.The content and format are always tailor-made and adapted to the needs of the audiences.
Between 2005 and 2010, CMH hosted the annual “Day of the Soap” event in conjunction with the Media Academy in order to stimulate collaboration between the creative media industry, health organizations and communication researchers.
According to one EE-Academy student, “Several years ago I attended an Entertainment-Education teaching module at my school. It was very educational and something I have certainly used in my working life".
Publications & Downloads
- De Jong, M., Winkler Prins Postma, N., Bouman, M.P.A. (2012, unpublished paper): Now, where did the fun go? Learning experiences in teaching Entertainment-Education, submitted article for special Entertainment-Education issue in Critical Arts. Click here to download the article.
- Centrum Media & Gezondheid (2010). Verslag van de Dag van de Soap 2010 met als thema: 'Entertainment-Education & Nieuwe Media' (Dutch publication).
- Centrum Media & Gezondheid (2009). Verslag van de Dag van de Soap 2009 met als thema: 'Crossing borders' (Dutch publication).
- Centrum Media & Gezondheid (2008). Verslag van de Dag van de Soap 2008 met als thema: 'Beyond storytelling' (Dutch publication).
- Centrum Media & Gezondheid (2007). Verslag van de Dag van de Soap 2007 met als thema: 'Soap meets content' (Dutch publication).
- Centrum Media & Gezondheid (2006). Verslag van de Dag van de Soap 2006 met als thema: 'Tijd voor een Nederlandse EastEnders?!'. (Dutch publication).
- Centrum Media & Gezondheid (2005). Verslag van de Dag van de Soap 2005 met als thema: 'Seks & Soaps - Entertainment met een meerwaarde?'. (Dutch publication).
Related CMG news
- CMG gives guest lecture at the University of Wageningen
- CMH lectures at the Dutch School of Public & Occupational Health
- EE teaching modules: presentations of the Stenden students
- CMH gives guest lecture at the University of Twente in Enschede
- CMH gives guest lecture at the Erasmus University of Rotterdam
- EE curriculum starts at Stenden College and University of Twente
- Applied University of Bonn-Rhein-Sieg visits the Center for Media & Health
- CMH Panel discussion about Storytelling at the Etmaal Conference 2014
- Mercurius Wageningen student’s association visits CMH
- Collaboration with Universidad del Norte Colombia
- Entertainment-Education NSPOH Summerschool
Training and Capacity Building
In collaboration with
Netherlands School of Public and Occupational Health (NSPOH)
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Stenden University of Applied Sciences
University of Twente
ZonMw - The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development